Allan Myers Inc. Wins National Award for Quality in Asphalt Paving
The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) announced that Allan Myers and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel District were named a finalist for the 2022 Sheldon G. Hayes Award for excellence in construction of an asphalt pavement. The Sheldon G. Hayes Award, bestowed annually since 1971, recognizes the country’s highest-quality highway pavements.
The award was presented to Allan Myers at NAPA’s 68th Annual Meeting in Miami Beach, FL. “The asphalt pavement industry is committed to building quality pavements that deliver high performance and drivability to the public,” said James A. Mitchell, NAPA 2022 Chairman.
Allan Myers received the award for their multi-year milling and paving project on two 17.5-mile sections (northbound and southbound) of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel (CBBT) in Cape Charles, VA.
In addition to this prestigious recognition, other Myers’ projects were awarded the 2022 Quality in Construction Awards for excellence in construction of an asphalt pavement:
- Mill and overlay of I-295 in Richmond, VA
- Mill and overlay various sections of I-95 northbound and I-64 eastbound in Richmond, VA
- Full-depth rehabilitation of Rte. 60 in Richmond, VA
- Overlay on five sections of I-95 in Fredericksburg, VA
- Mill and overlay work on I-95 in Richmond, VA
- Mill and overlay of I-295 southbound in Richmond, VA
Congratulations to all those involved with these projects. This is well-deserved recognition!